KPK Summons Novanto in Andi Narogong´s Trial

Tuesday, 10 OCtober 2017 , 12:00:00 WIB -

Electronic ID card (e-KTP) corruption convict Andi "Narogong" Agustinus (left) is seen attending a continuation trial at the Anti-Corruption Court, Central Jakarta, Monday (9/10). (ANTARA)

Today, Setya Novanto didn’t obey the summons of the anti-graft commission (KPK) prosecutors to become a witness in the trial of convict Andi "Narogong" Agustinus as Novanto has to go to Premier Hospital, Jatinegara for a medical check-up.

"We have received the information, SN (Setya Novanto) sent a letter to KPK prosecutors because he can’t attend the trial and has to go for a medical check-up," said KPK spokesperson Febri Diansyah, Monday (9/10).

Despite this, Febri said that KPK prosecutors will reconsider to summon Novanto again as a witness in the e-KTP corruption trial. On top of that, the prosecutors need to present a witness in the trial.

"Prosecutors will consider further about the investigation needs or summon again the witnesses who didn’t attend the previous trials," Febri said.

Besides that, Febri stated the witnesses who are presented by prosecutors are very important to prove the information gathered in trials. Prosecutors and judges also need clarifications from the witnesses.

"It’s essential to listen to witnesses’ testimony as there are much information and information that needs to be clarified by both judges and public prosecutors, or even the convict’s lawyer. That’s what’s important from witnesses presence," Febri said.

Previously, Setya Novanto and Ganjar Pranowo didn’t attend e-KTP corruption trial. Both of them were going to be summoned to give testimonies as witnesses for convict Andi "Narogong" Agustinus.

"I’m sorry your majesty, we have planned to present 7 witnesses today but Ganjar Pranowo and Setya Novanto can’t attend the trial," said KPK prosecutor Abdul Basir to the panel of judges in the trial at Jakarta Anti-Corruption Court, Jalan Bungur Besar Raya, Central Jakarta, Monday (9/10).

However, Novanto had to return to Premier Hospital, Jatinegara, East Jakarta for a medical checkup. (dtc/mfb)