Threatened by Ex-Boyfriend, What Shall I Do?

Saturday, 19 March 2016 , 09:00:00 WIB - Legal Advice


Dear sir, I am in fear. Around a month ago, my ex-boyfriend contacted and demanded me to buy him gadgets he wanted. If I don’t do as he says, he threatened to spread photos of me when we were together. The photos were taken out of my knowledge as I was sleeping.

What should I do? He previously wanted some money from my and I decided to do as he said. I hope you can help me with some legal advice.

Venny, Jakarta


The action of your boyfriend is an act of threat and violates the law, Article 369 of the Criminal Code in particular. The maximum sentence is four years in prison.

Whoever has the intention to benefit themselves or others unlawfully, by threating to contaminate a person’s name, spoken or written or by threatening to divulge, force someone to give you something of goods that are wholly or partly owned by someone else, or by demanding loans or deletion of receivables shall be punishable by a maximum imprisonment of four years.

Article 369 of the Criminal Code stipulates:
You should report to the local police office, but you should have your lawyer accompany you. We hope this advice is useful for you.