JAKARTA, GRES.NEWS - Do you know a company employing children? The Indonesian law has regulations on child labor. Producers are allowed to employ children as long as they meet the following stipulations:
The children they are employing are aged between 13 and 15 inclusive. The work they do must be light; physically, mentally and socially.
The other stipulations are:
1. The children must obtain written permit from their parents or guardian.
2. The work contract is signed between the producer, and the parent or guardian.
3. The maximum work hour is three hours.
4. The work shift is daytime outside school time.
5. The producer must guarantee work safety and health.
6. The contract stipulating the work relations is clear.
7. The worker receives pay to the amount that complies with applicable regulations.
Violations of these stipulations may be subject to criminal investigations.
Furthermore, the children’s workspace are separated from adult workers.