The press industry in Indonesia is regulated by Law No.40/1999 on the Press (Law on the Press). The Law on the Press contains a number of principle regulations that concern:
1. Principles, functions, rights, obligations and roles of the press in Indonesia.
3. Press companies
4. Press councils
5. Criminal laws on the press
Law No.40/1999 on the Press replaced Law No.21/1982 on the Press, which itself replaced Law No.11/1966.
The new points in the new law concern:
- Studies to improve the welfare of journalists;
- Establishment and supervision on the implementation of the Journalistic Code of Ethics;
- Considerations and efforts to settle public complaints on cases related to press coverages;
- Development of communication between the press, the public and the government;
- Facilities for press organizations in drafting of regulations on the press and improvements to quality of journalism as a profession.
- Data on existing press companies.
GRES.NEWS LEGAL TEAM